Thursday 9 April 2015

Look up


Holding onto hope. Holding onto life. Being positive. Being an optimist.
It is not easy, I do agree. We are all sailing in the same boat. But I also realise and learn from life that life is 90% of how we see it and 10% of what actually happens to us. Everything is destined, I agree. But it for us to change things we don’t like and it was for us to make our life better. It is we who can do something about it, nobody other than us can bring the change we want to see in life. It is we who know best what we want for ourselves.
Thus it becomes very important to stay positive and to hold onto hope. Life will have its own trials. Each day is going to be a new challenge. Every now and then we will be required to prove our might but no we don’t have to give up. We have to be positive. We are supposed to be holding onto hope.
There are people who don’t even get a single meal and we think our troubles are too big. There are people starving for food, dying out of starvation. There are people fighting for their basic rights and here are we complaining that we don’t have a good life. We must look up to them, even a single packet of biscuit can bring a smile on someone’s face and we talk about having a poor life.
It’s important to be positive and love our lives because it is only once that we live and if we live a life full of negativity and pessimism, the whole purpose of living is only destroyed.
Sharing a little story of optimism with you all. I was on my way to work when I saw this lady who was blind. I went up to her as I saw she was struggling to cross the road. I asked her if she needed help but she said that she was all good. She can manage. I found that to be a little rude but I saw her struggling even more and that’s when I grabbed her hand and made her cross. She was happy, she said thanks my child. She then told me the reason why she refused to take my help at first. She said that she has been on her own since very long, her won children don’t have the time to come and see her. She has no complaints. Nothing to be angry about. She is happy that her children are happy. She has learned to live this way. She has learned to stay on her own and that’s why my help was a little unusual. Yet again she confirmed that she was happy as long as her children were happy. Not just that also she said that she was going to get operated real soon and then things would be much better once she had her eyesight back.
This I think is the true spirit of life. Being positive always. Optimism is difficult to practice but it is the ultimate thing. I have learnt to be optimistic from that one incident, that lady truly defined optimism for me. I #lookup to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment