Sunday 5 April 2015

Mind or heart, what to choose?

Mind or heart, what to choose?
I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdealactivity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.

Often there is a battle between the two. Often we find ourselves in a dilemma where we are forced to make a choice, a choice between our mind and our heart. While there is nothing like right or wrong in this world, it’s how you see things but then there is always something called the will and the force.
Telling you all about what happened and how I listened to my heart and not my mind. This happened some 5-6 years back or it might have been even longer. So basically my friend and I were all deciding on a birthday present for a friend. We had all decided to contribute and get a gift. Well when you are in college and when you are not working we do have budget restraints. So did we. We had decided on about 400 per person and we were five of us. So that made it a total of INR 200.
This friend of mine was very passionate about music. He had keen interest in music especially in guitar. He did own a guitar but unfortunately it was giving too much trouble and he told me about this. So I thought that would make a perfect birthday gift. I suggested that we must give him a guitar and not the watch that we had decided to. Gifting him a guitar would make a lot more sense as that is something he liked and he needed. But unfortunately guitar was not in our budget and hence my friends said that we should skip it for now.
But I was quite adamant, I knew of how much he needed a guitar and that is when I agreed to pay the extra 1000 that we needed to buy him a guitar. I decided to put in some money from my pocket money. I knew that I would be a little difficult for me to manage that entire month with such a sum boing out of my pocket but then I wanted to really get him the guitar he wanted. A little out of my way, I had to go but at the end all I know is that it was completely worth it. He absolutely loved it. He kept thanking all of us. I was very happy that I could gift someone something that they really needed and really wanted. I am happy I could get a smile on someone’s face.


No comments:

Post a Comment